Recipe on how to prepare Goan Pork Roast / Pork Assado, a very tasty , delicious and heartful pork dish. This Goan Pork Asado is prepared with very saucy gravy. This Pork Roast Goan Recipe is another pork dish preferred by Goans residing all over.
Prior to any special occasion we always sit together to plan out which pork dish should be prepared, either goan pork vindaloo or goan pork sorpotel. And if both of these pork dishes were recently prepared then goan pork roast recipe comes to rescue. Then we plan to make pork roast in goan style, which yet another delicious pork asado dish.
Authentic Goan Pork Roast also called as Goan Pork Asado, was actually made from the Portuguese dish called Assado de Porco. In our pork roast recipe, we made some slight changes in the ingredients and made it a very delicious dish.
Which type of Pork Meat is used to Prepare Goan Roast Pork
In Goan Roast Pork, thin slices are made for serving, it is mostly preferred to use big boneless pork meat pieces. Pork Tenderloin, Belly and Shoulder are the common parts generally preferable for the making the pork roast. If there is no boneless pork available, the pork with bones can be used but it must contain more meat.
Which type of Vinegar is better for Goan Pork Roast
I have used for palm vinegar for this particular recipe, but if not available other vinegar like cider vinegar and other vinegar available in the market can be used to prepare goan pork asado.
How to Prepare Goan Pork Assado
- Wash the pork meat pieces and pierce it with fork
- Apply ginger garlic paste, vinegar, turmeric and marinate the pork meat for atleast 3 – 4 hours or overnight
- Fry the chopped onions till transparent and keep them aside, then roast the ingredients mentioned in roasting section and roast them with little oil individually and keep aside.
- Now mix all the roasted ingredients and fried onions and fry for atleast 1 minutes and then add the marinated meat with little water if needed and stir well.
- Then cook till the meat becomes tender.
Sides that go with Goan Pork Asado
Goan Roast Pork goes well with steamed rice, pulav and can also be served with french fries, salads and tomato sauce.
Try our other Delicious Goan Recipes!!Print
This goan pork roast is derived from the Portuguese dish named ‘Assado de Porco‘ with slight changes. It is a very tasty and delicious dish which my favorite pork asado dish.
- 1kg pork boneless piece
- 2 onions sliced (medium size)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1–2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons vinegar (mostly used palm vinegar, if not cider vinegar)
- salt to taste
- 3 dry kashmiri chillies
- 2 green caradomons
- 2.5 inch cinnamon sticks
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 8 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Wash and cut pork into big pieces and pierce it with fork for better marination.
- Apply the ingredients in marination section on the pork pieces very well, and keep it aside for atleast 3 – 4 hours or overnight.
- Fry the onions in the pan with oil till becomes transparent and keep aside. Then add the ingredients in the roasting section and till it fry for atleast 1 minute.
- Then add the fried onions and the marinated meat and mix well and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add one cup water (as required) stir well and let this pork dish get cooked with the pan covered.
- After 20 minutes, turn the pork pieces, adding little water if necessary, and let it get cooked for another 20 minutes.
- Then check if the pork dish is cooked and let it get cooked if necessary.
- After Goan Pork Roast is prepared, let it cool down naturally.
- Then for serving cut it into slices, the Goan Pork Assado can be served with steamed rice, pulav, fried potatoes and any salad
Keywords: pork assado, goan pork roast, roast pork, goan pork asado